Friday 29 April 2016

UNIT:101

Dear Diary,

Lately I have been finding it really difficult to sing the 'Little More Homework' song from the musical Thirteen as it requires a lot of repetition and no spacing to breathe in between words.

From the early stages off my life I didn't know how to control my breathing through singing long phrases so it always resulted to cutting downs words in songs, in which I remember being called a singing robot by my singing teacher when I was really young. 

So right now I've started to notice that it is a major issue that I need to work on, as it causes me to panic so much while singing. I started thinking that the only way to get better with my breathing through singing to do specific exercise for that problem that I am facing.

I decided to follow on a breathing exercise regime to help me get better into nailing this only solo song section that I have in the musical Thirteen.

A way to get better is to notice how you normally breathe during the day, which includes talking or working out in the gym. Once you are able to figure it out you should come to terms on how to master your breathing, this can only happen I believe is to being determined and spending extra spare time practicing.

The very first thing for me was standing straight while singing which includes having a strong posture, which enables the sound to efficiently travel through your diagram out from your mouth.

I've learnt that a way to test that you are breathing correctly is to breathe deeply and hold it while looking in the mirror. Breathing and your shoulders elevating is a no no, it should be your torso expanding in a widely. So as weeks went by I started to test this technique by placing both of my hands underneath my chest, right above my stomach. Which I started experiencing a more pleasant time breathing through a song, as I felt more in control of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment