Sunday 24 April 2016

WEEK 1: Weekly Summaries: THIRTEEN

Weekly Summaries: THIRTEEN


Today is the first week of rehearsals and I've found it quite good but frustrating at the same time as we've been learning the opening song Thirteen and I felt quite annoyed that the other cast members we're finding it hard knowing on what beat to sing the phrase 'Thirteen!' on as I understand it comes quite on a off beat. In my opinion my cast members should take out their own time to listen to these songs so the recording could be stuck permanently in their heads. If we carry on like this I do question where we will be at in a few weeks time, as their is other songs to be learnt.



Other than that, I've fell in love with the song immediately as I get a feeling that we can be yourself on stage but just exaggerate being a lo younger. Even during the opening of the curtain call the way each individual character poses in a way to express the personality of the character, which I believe will give a great understanding towards the audience watching.



Therefore as me also being in charge of #PROPS I have decided to include props during the pose at the very start of the scene, mainly for the cheerleaders; Molly: reading a fashion/makeup magazine, Charlotte: Combing/Plaiting her hair, Kendra: Holding a bottle of perfume/Spraying herself and Lucy: Holding a mirror/Lipstick, pretending to put it on.



Ruth Martino

No comments:

Post a Comment