Saturday 21 May 2016

FINAL AUDITION Unit 18: Audition for Actors

Final Audition




SONGS:

The Colour Purple - I'm here (by Brenda Russell)

Jesus Christ Superstar - I don't know how to love him  (by Andrew Lloyd Webber)

Dream Girls - Listen   (by Henry Krieger)


MONOLOGUES:

Richard Fisher's Funeral  (by Kellie Powell) 

Goodbye World (Paula Vogel)



I have chosen my song 'Listen' from the musical Dream Girls as the song expresses the willingness of wanting to achieve a goal, the urge of escaping and being prepared to face the world and having their voice being heard. Which I believe will be suitable for the audition which I could compare to the musical 'Rock of Ages' as the musical itself has a ambitious young lady called Sherrie Christian who has Drew falling in love with and  hoping to become big in the acting industry. In which I can use the contrast of character Deena as she gets helped by Curtis a record executive to make her a house hold name and eventually falls madly in love with her.

The song itself invites you through a emotional journey with her, 'Listen' being the first word in the song does show you sympathy and remorse towards the character, that is why I like the song personally. The hooks and the bridges helps to elevate the mood and spirit of the song, making you as the audience feeling as if there is a way at the other side; you could chase your dreams and make it only if you preserver


No comments:

Post a Comment