Friday 2 October 2015

Traditional Theatre Music

"Traditional Theatre style is quite Operatic."


  • Singing long is a lush scoring.
  • The sound of music focuses on the meaning of the words not the 'Vowels.'
  •  Opera sings on the vowels.
  • Belcanto - Means how beautiful the voice is.

  • Threepenny Opera, was the first way of singing in the musicals.
  • They normally focused on diction while singing.

The song that I managed to find which was from a traditional genre of a Musical was, "Something Wonderful from the Musical King and I, 1951 Rodgers and Hammerstein."


The reason that I picked this song was because I liked the sound of the title , as well as that I was able to relate to the lyrics, which attracted me more to the song. The song has enabled me to not be afraid to approach and learn a traditional song as I always tend to go for a lot more modernised genre of songs such as 'I'm Here from the Musical Colour Purple. Honestly from this song it has allowed me to be more comfortable and aware while I sing, to emphasise more each vowel. From being given the task of searching a Traditional Genre of music I came across  "Ribbons Down My Back from the Musical Hello Dolly, 1964 Jerry Herman.


No comments:

Post a Comment